Social work resources
This section provides resources for practice educators and social work students, including downloadable documents, current placements, and relevant articles and videos.
The following resources have been made available for practice educators and social work students.
Social work articles
Download: Luke Davey’s unsuccessful judicial review (.pdf, 528kb)
Community Care articles
- 11/10/16: Life story work is big in children’s services: why not adult social care?
- 20/10/16: Government makes U-turn on plan to control new social work regulator
- 01/11/16: How fear of being publicly shamed is harming social work
- 04/11/16: Social Work England – a quick guide to the regulator set to replace HCPC
- 09/11/16: Virgin Care set to run social work service in unprecedented deal
- 14/11/16: What’s needed for local authorities to better support Unaccompanied Asylum-Seeking Children
- 22/11/16: Government publishes skills statement for achieving permanence
- 05/12/16: DfE-commissioned report reveals private sector appetite to run ‘full range’ of children’s services
- 06/12/16: Do not suggest ‘do not resuscitate’ when someone is most vulnerable
- 08/12/16: Government to bar councils from opting out of child protection duties
- 15/12/16: It’s time to ditch the social care ‘exemption’ plans for good
- 16/12/16: Spotting the signs of modern slavery: key advice for social workers
- 19/01/17: The new service models shaking up children’s social work
- 11/04/17: Government 'best placed' to improve social work, says minister
Could you host a student?
Are you a private, independent, voluntary health or social care organisation? You may be able to provide the learning opportunities that student social workers need.