Emergency first aid at work (level 2)
This Association of First Aiders (AoFA) accredited qualification is specifically for those new to first aid, or without previous training. It aims to provide participants with the skills to be a named first aider, and meets the accredited revised training requirements for first aiders in the workplace.
This revised course includes use of automated external defibrillators as part of the CPR sequence.
Duration: 1 day
Who is it for?
This course is for those new to first aid or without previous training who wish to qualify as a named first aider or who provide first aid provision as part of their role.
What are the outcomes?
On completion of this training course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the role of the first aider
- Be able to assess the incident
- Understand the importance of basic hygiene in first aid procedures
- Assess the situation and circumstances in order to act safely, promptly, and effectively in an emergency
- Administer first aid safely, promptly and effectively to a casualty who is unconscious and/or in seizure
- Administer cardiopulmonary resuscitation promptly and effectively, in line with Resuscitation Council guidelines
- Administer first aid safely, promptly and effectively to a casualty who is wounded or bleeding and/or in shock
- Administer first aid safely, promptly and effectively to a casualty who is choking
- Provide appropriate first aid for minor injuries including cuts, burns and scalds
The course includes practical assessments during the day and a 30 minute, multiple choice assessment paper.
This course can be delivered in-house if required.
For further details or to book this course, please contact us via our online form, call our team on 01432 383500 or email email@example.com. You may also search for upcoming open courses on CPD Online.