Become a children's social worker in 14 months!
Monday 15 February 2021 9.30am
Applications to join the next cohort of the 'Step up to Social Work' programme will open on 15 February 2021. If you’ve ever dreamed of becoming a children’s social worker, this is your chance to turn that dream into reality.
The West Midlands ‘Step Up to Social Work Programme’ is an intense and demanding, yet highly rewarding full time training programme, leading to a Post Graduate Diploma in Social Work. Successful completion will allow you to start your career in children’s social care in just 14 months!
The next programme will start in January 2022 and run through until March 2023. Applications open on 15 February and will close on 7 April 2021. If you are accepted onto the programme, you will receive a tax free bursary of £19,000 and will have all of your course fees paid. In return for that support, there is an expectation that on completion of the programme, you will practice within one of the Regional Partnership’s Local Authorities* for a minimum of two years.
To be eligible, you must have:
- A minimum 2:1 honours degree qualification OR a minimum 2:2 honours degree plus a higher degree (level 7 or above) AND
- At least six months’ experience of working with vulnerable children, young people and/or their families/carers AND
- English and Maths GCSE qualifications at grade C or above
- All original certificates will be required
To find out more, please email email@example.com
* Local Authorities involved in this partnership are: Herefordshire, Birmingham, Coventry, Dudley, Sandwell, Shropshire, Solihull, Staffordshire, Stoke, Telford, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Worcestershire. Stoke on Trent City Council is the lead authority.
Direct all media enquiries to our Marketing team on 01432 firstname.lastname@example.org.