Teaching / Learning Support Assistant
|Salary||£14,500 - £16,000 p.a pro rata dependent upon potholders skills and experience|
|Organisation||The Robert Owen Academy|
|Hours||Full time and part time positions available, (Term Time only)|
|Term/duration||Term Time only|
|Closing date||12 pm on 15 December 2017|
The Robert Owen Academy is currently expanding its Teaching & Learning Support Team. We would particularly welcome applications from those with prior experience in supporting practical subjects e.g. Science, Design Technology, Engineering, Construction and those with prior experience of SEN & Behaviour.
Robert Owen Academy is committed to the protection and safety of its pupils and therefore all candidates will be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service check at Enhanced Level.
- To complement the professional work of teachers by taking responsibility for agreed activities to contribute to the development of students’ learning.
- To monitor students and assist with the assessment, recording and reporting of students’ achievement and development.
- To support students outside of the classroom environment; to support their general wellbeing
Support for the Students
- Establish productive working relationships with students, acting as a role model and setting high expectations.
- Promote the inclusion and acceptance of all students within the classroom.
- Encourage students to interact and work co-operatively with others and engage all students in activities.
- Promote independence and employ strategies to recognise and reward achievement and self-reliance.
- Provide feedback to students in relation to progress and achievement.
Support for Teachers
- Work with the teacher to establish an appropriate learning environment.
- Provide objective and accurate feedback and reports as required, to the teacher on pupil achievement, progress and other matters, ensuring the availability of appropriate evidence.
- Be responsible for keeping and updating records as agreed with the teacher, contributing to reviews of systems/records as requested.
- Promote positive values, attitudes and good pupil behaviour, dealing promptly with conflict and incidents in line with established policy and encourage pupils to take responsibility for their own behaviour.
- Administer and assess routine tests and invigilate exams/tests.
- Support teaching/senior staff with routine administration e.g. administration of coursework, produce worksheets for agreed activities etc.
Support for the Curriculum
- Implement agreed learning activities/teaching programmes, adjusting activities according to pupil responses/needs
- Support the use of ICT in learning activities and develop pupils’ competence and independence in its use.
General Tasks and Duties
- Contribute to the overall ethos/work/aims of the school.
- Attend relevant meetings as required and participate in training and other learning activities and performance development as required.
- Assist with the supervision of students during lesson times, including before and after school and at lunchtimes where appropriate.
- Accompany teaching staff and students on trips and visits and of school activities as required.
For more information contact
Please send application form to email@example.com
Hoople Ltd is working on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.