IT Service Desk Engineer - 3rd Line
|Salary||£22,000 - £26,000|
|Organisation||D&D Network Services Ltd|
|Closing date||12 pm on 30 October 2017|
|For more information contact|
Applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The role has responsibility for 3rd Line IT Service Desk support to customers, assisting them with incidents, problems, service requests and changes via phone, email and remote support.
- Answer and accurately log all customer support calls via the CRM system
- To provide high level IT support to customers, ensuring that issues are resolved quickly and efficiently minimising any impact
- Assisting 2nd and 1st Line engineers progress IT cases
- Ensure customers are kept up to date with the progress of logged support calls
- Diagnose and resolve system or user problems both remotely and over the phone
- Responsible for tracking and progress-chasing of incidents to conclusion and in line with SLAs and quality standards and to the expectations of the customer
- Liaise with colleagues to provide quick and effective resolutions to customer incidents and requests
- Work with third parties to effectively resolve customer calls
- Escalation and management of faults with third parties
- Undertake testing of IT hardware and software prior to installation/rollout, also required undertake surveys and audits as and when necessary.
- Fix hardware faults and install upgrades to clients’ hardware
- Setting up and configuring of new laptops, desktops, Macs and other client devices including tablets and smart phones.
- Organise and prioritise own workload so as to minimise disruption due to interruptions
- Plan and manage routine repairs and upgrades and respond to unexpected faults/failures
- Ensure all major issues are escalated
- Attend on customer sites to complete scheduled engineer visits
Technical Skill Requirements:
- Deployment, configuration and administration of Microsoft Client Operating Systems
- Configuration, management and administration of MS Server Operating Systems
- Microsoft Office Suites deployment, install, configuration and administration
- Exchange Server Management and Administration tasks
- Microsoft Office 365 configuration, administration and on-going management for customers
- Active Directory Configuration and Administration including group policy setup and management
- User setup and management including mailbox administration, security permissions and other user attributes configuration and management
- Hyper-V and VMWare
- Symantec Backup Exec, Veeam, Backup Assist & any other backup solutions (Inc. robotic libraries and online pooled storage etc.)
- Knowledge of TCP/IP, DHCP and DNS
- LAN & WAN communications including router & firewall administration
- Understanding of WSUS
- Understanding of Microsoft Azure
Working Hours 08:30-17:30 Monday to Friday based in the D&D Worcester Office some travel to customer sites may also be required.
Job Type: Full-time. Permanent
Hoople Ltd is working on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.