Male Independent Sexual Violence Advisor
|Salary||£25,951 pro rata|
|Closing date||12 pm on 23 October 2017|
|For more information contact|
If you have any questions about the role please contact Ruth Kimberley on 01905 611655.
If you would like an application pack please email firstname.lastname@example.org specifying the vacancy that you are interested in.
(Between 21 and 30 hours, negotiable upon appointment)
Due to continued expansion WMRSASC has a vacancy for a Male Independent Sexual Violence Advisor.
The successful candidate will have an understanding of the nature and impact of sexual violence and experience of working with victims. They will be required to work within a multi-agency setting to provide a pro-active service to female and male adult survivors of sexual violence within and outside of the criminal justice system to:
- Develop and deliver a non-therapeutic advocacy and support service toclients
- Help clients to access appropriate therapeutic interventions and to develop their own supportnetwork
- Where necessary provide emotional, practical and advocacy support through the Criminal JusticeSystem
- Monitor and keep client informed of case progress if involved with the Criminal JusticeProcess
- Provide information about the impacts of sexual violence and signposting to specialist supportservices
- Maintain a caseload and accurate electronicrecords
- Support client to access theirrights
- Contribute towards servicedevelopment
- Participate in individual clinical supervision, appraisal sessions and team meetings
Whilst this post is predominately working with adults there may be a requirement to support children and young people in response to meet service demands.
The post holder must have the ability to travel throughout Herefordshire and Worcestershire.
Interviews will be held week commencing 13th November 2017
Hoople Ltd is working on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.