School Business Manager
|Salary||HC7 £7,373 - £8,719 per annum|
|Organisation||St Mary's C E Primary School, Fownhope|
|Closing date||12 pm on 12 July 2017|
|For more information contact|
For further information please contact Mr. T. Milne, Headteacher, via post, telephone or email (email@example.com).
St. Mary’s CE Primary School
Tel: 01432 860474
School Business Manager – required from the start of the autumn term 2017
Part-time: 14 hours per week, term time only
Start date: 1st September 2017
Temporary until end of summer term 2018
Closing date: Wednesday 12th July 2017 (12 noon)
Interviews will be held on Tuesday 18th July 2017 (pm)
The Governors of St. Mary’s CE Primary School Fownhope are seeking to appoint an efficient and enthusiastic School Business Manager with excellent office skills and attention to detail. The role will involve overseeing two administrators and will involve working on your own initiative as well as part of a team in a busy school environment.
Applicants should have:
- a sound knowledge of the financial workings of a school
- a sound knowledge of budget management and accounting techniques
- good knowledge of employment law
- an understanding of the crucial need for confidentiality
- excellent IT skills and an understanding of how these skills can support them in their role
- the ability to line manage other employees, including responsibility for allocation of work
- the ability to communicate with a range of audiences including colleagues, governors,
officers of the County Council and suppliers
- the ability to identify work priorities and manage own workload to meet deadlines whilst ensuring that lower priority work is kept up-to-date
- the ability to show sensitivity and objectivity in dealing with confidential issues
- completion of the Certificate of School Business Management or significant relevant experience
- willingness to participate in further training and developmental opportunities offered by the school and county, to further knowledge.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare and young people. This position is subject to an enhanced DBS check.