Teaching Assistant SEN Level 1
|Salary||£6,032.42 - £6,371.88|
|Organisation||Our Lady's RC Primary School|
|Closing date||4 pm on 3 July 2017|
|For more information contact|
Application forms and further details are available from the School Office and we welcome informal visits to the school by prior arrangement.
For application packs: please contact Mrs. L. Good, School Administrator, via post, phone or email.
Location: Our Lady’s R C Primary School, Boycott Road, Hereford, HR2 7RN
Phone: 01432 274814
The Archdiocese of Cardiff, Herefordshire LEA and the Governors of Our Lady’s School invite applications for a
TEACHING ASSISTANT (SEN) LEVEL 1 (Fixed Term Contract)
16.25 hours per week term-time only
Required for September 2017
Responsible to the Head teacher
We are looking for an enthusiastic, committed teaching assistant to support a child with Special Needs.
The position will be in Key Stage 2 (Year 3) Supporting a child with Speech, Language and Communication Difficulties during the second half of the morning session and in the afternoons.
The successful candidates will be expected to:-
- develop an understanding of the specific needs of the child to be supported
- establish a supportive relationship with the child concerned
- support the child to develop receptive and expressive language skills
- ensure the child learns as effectively as possible both in group situations and individually
- clarify and explain instructions and expectations
- motivate and encourage the child.
- develop appropriate resources to support the child.
- establish acceptance and inclusion of the child in the classroom
- use methods of promoting / reinforcing the child’s self esteem
- ensure the safety of the child and the safety of others
- carry out any specific duties as outlined in the child’s SEN Support Plan
- implement advice from outside agencies working with the school
Interviews: Wednesday 12th July
Our Lady’s School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All vacancies that involve working with children or vulnerable adults are subject to DBS at Enhanced Level.