Assistant Head Teacher
|Salary||L6 - L10|
|Organisation||Barrs Court School|
|Closing date||12 pm on 21 May 2018|
|Interview date(s)||Wednesday 23rd May 2018|
From September 2018
Barrs Court School (BCS) delivers specialist provision for young people aged 11-19 all of whom have a range of complex learning difficulties and disabilities. At Barrs Court we offer a unique and individualised education for our pupils, enabling all to succeed personally, academically and socially. In April 2016 we were rated our third consecutive 'Outstanding' by Ofsted.
All the staff team are caring and together we make a strong, dedicated team where every child and young person is treated with the proper respect to ensure that their rights, needs and aspirations, personal preferences and pathways remain central to the schools organisation. We also want our pupils to be empowered and to benefit from a meaningful and rewarding adulthood.
Barrs Court School is looking to appoint an Assistant Head teacher who is an exceptional leader, manager and teacher to work alongside us on our improvement journey.
We welcome applications from those who have;
- Experience and knowledge of special educational needs and a commitment to transforming young people's lives through maximising their success and achievements
- Have a proven record of success leading and managing a team
- Have excellent interpersonal skills and be able to work effectively with all members of our community in continuing to develop our well regarded school
- Be an outstanding teacher who has an enthusiasm for ensuring that children and young people reach their full potential
- Have proven experience of data analysis and use of data and other strategies for school improvement
- Bring a sense of energy, enthusiasm and commitment to the role
- Curriculum design, planning and implementation including timetabling
- Professional development of staff
We can offer;
- A positive welcoming ethos
- Pupils who are enthusiastic and engaged in their learning
- The chance to make a real difference in our school
- A friendly, supportive team of staff, governors and Trustees
- The opportunity to lead and contribute to exciting whole-school developments
Barrs Court School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All vacancies the involve working with vulnerable adults and/or children will be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Check at Enhanced Level.
For more information contact
Informal visits to the school and discussion with the Head Teacher Lisa Appleton are welcome and encouraged.
Please telephone (01432) 265035 to make an appointment.
Application forms and further details are available from Sharon Williams, Business Manager, email email@example.com
Hoople Ltd is working on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.