Support Engineer (2nd Line)
|Salary||£25-35k dependant on experience.|
|Organisation||Hoople Ltd is working on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.|
|Closing date||9 am on 27 November 2017|
Temporary vacancy with immediate start.
- You will be working as part of a Service Desk Team to provide 2nd line support, as part of a wider IT operations functions.
- Work on assigned calls, taking the majority of them to resolution. However, you will be responsiblefor determining whether issues need to be escalated to a higher level.
- On a rota’d basis you may be required to travel to other sites (Cheltenham, Ledbury, London).
- To design, develop, test and implment minor infacturcture projects and to contirbue to major infastructure projects as directed by the IT infastrcture manager.
- Act as an Incident Manager when a priority 1 ticket requires immediate focus.
This role forms part of IT Service Desk. to perform 2nd Line IT Support duties. As such, you will need to have experience in providing excellent, methodical, consistent support to customers at all levels. Being able to to use initiative & common sense to get support tickets resolved within agreed SLA (Service Level Agreement).
ROLE OF DEPARTMENT:
The IT Operations team are responsible for providing and maintaining and running the IT Systems and IT infrastructure for the following areas:
- Products and services
- Back office software and systems
- The Office network and associated hardware, software and peripherals
- Telephone systems
- Email and collaboration tools
- Data Backup
- Ensuring IT systems are secure and compliant to all applicable regulatory policies and standards
- Data Centres
In addition, the IT Operations team are responsible for providing an IT Service to all internal and
external customers both directly and indirectly by working with colleagues and a variety of internal departments.
KNOWLEDGE, TRAINING, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS REQUIRED TO DO THE JOB:
- MSCE, MCITP, CCENT or significant proven experience.
- Degree or equivalent qualification desirable.
- Windows Server 2003/2008 operating systems, including Active Directory Domain Services, DNS,DHCP, IIS, SQL Server 2005/2008, SharePoint, file and print services, Exchange Server 2007/2010.
- Familiar with Cisco Call Manager, unity and the ability to operate Cisco network equipment at a basic level.
- Knowledge of scripting in various languages (Batch, SQL, VB), and an appreciation of high level programming languages (C++, C#, or similar). To work on bespoke applications both inside & outside of the bureau.
- Technical knowledge of company network infrastructure and applications (training provided).
- Ability to prepare and maintain key documentation to a high standard.
- Clear focus on the provision of the highest quality service in support of the Company and its clients.
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels and work as part of a team or alone as required.
- Have an analytical and systematic approach to problem solving.
- A competent ability in displaying time management by prioritisation and organisation of tasks with technical projects.
- A working knowledge of Active directory, account management, network permissions and group policy .
- Excellent customer service and communication skills, written and verbal.
- Experience supporting and administering Windows operating systems (windows servers,Exchange, Active Directory, etc.).
- Extensive knowledge of Service Desk environment and ITIL framework.
- Disciplined, self-organised and motivated to learn and improve.
- Must hold a current, full driving licence.
- Flexibility and adaptability in a frequently changing environment.
For more information contact
Please email your CV to Aimee.Miles@hoopleltd.co.uk or call 01432 383193 to discuss further.
Hoople Ltd is working on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.