|Organisation||Warwickshire Police and West Mercia Police|
|Term/duration||Fixed Term until 31st October 2018|
|Closing date||12 pm on 19 April 2018|
|Interview date(s)||Interviews will be held on Thursday 3rd May 2018.|
X 1 Full Time 37 hours
X 1 Part Time 14.8 hours
A stragic alliance has been formed between Warwickshire Police and West Mercia Police in order to enable both forces to meet the challenge of reducing policing budgets. By working more closely together the forces will benefit from greater operational and organisational resilience, making us the fourth largest geographic police area in England and Wales.
The main purpose of the role is to provide a professional response to calls received in accordance with Charter Standards and Force Policy.
- To provide a high quality telephone call handling service to the public and to the Force in accordance with performance targets.
- Where suitable, to provide the first line resolution by giving information to callers from the FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) database.
- Work co-operatively with team members and colleagues, contributing positively and constructively to the achievement of team and organisational objectives.
- To maintain and update (for example numbers and departmental changes) the Switchboard directory.
- To monitor and Maintain the Force Voice Mail system to ensure messages are being taken.
- A general education to GCSE standard (grades A – C) or equivalent.
- Experience of using Windows based IT systems.
- Some experience of working in a customer services environment.
- Proven ability to maintain a professional service to customers when under pressure.
- The ability to gather information using appropriate questioning techniques
- Required to wear a uniform
- Infrequent travel to other locations as required.
- Exposure to disturbing/unpleasant images or tasks
We want our organisation to be as diverse as the community it serves. We welcome applicants from all sections of the community.
Candidates will be required as part of Warwickshire Police and West Mercia Police recruitment process to successfully complete vetting and credit checks.
For more information contact
Please call Caroline Wadley/Becky Dunsford to find out more on how to apply:
Hoople Ltd is working on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.