Occupational Health Technician
|Salary||£11.52 per hour|
|Organisation||West Mercia Police|
|Closing date||12 pm on 15 June 2018|
Min 6 weeks assignment £11.52 per hour Monday – Friday
West Mercia Police have a temporary requirement for a Occupational Health Technician at their headquarters in Hindlip Worcestershire.
To undertake effective health screening assessments and procedures within statutory and organisational guidelines, policies and procedures including pre-placement health assessments, health surveillance programmes and health promotion initiatives.
To review test results and identify and appraise the Occupational Health Manager of developing poor health trends and to promote health at work through the delivery of health campaigns. To triage medical declarations, request medical reports as necessary and collate information in order to undertake health assessments for the Occupational Health Team to determine fitness for work. Escalate arising concerns to the Clinical Nurse and OHA for advice and guidance. Provision of health advice to applicants who for health reasons have been deferred.
To undertake drug testing in accordance with Force policy and procedures. To maintain equipment including monitoring and ordering supplies of consumables, and organising equipment calibration.
To maintain all departmental systems and records, ensuring that a confidential records system is fully maintained in order to comply with the Access to Medical Records Act and Data Protection Act.
To assist with departmental administrative support including correspondence with external medical professionals.
• Educated toA level or Level 3 (or equivalent)
•Knowledge of relevant legislation - Good working knowledge of Access to Medical Records Act/Access to Health Records Act/Data Protection/Equality Act
• Knowledge of Health Promotion initiatives
• Experience in a technician role in a health care setting
• Working in teams/multi-disciplinary environments
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Undertake basic medical assessments
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to develop effective relationships in a variety of settings with staff of various levels of seniority
• Competent in the use of IT systems including Microsoft Office
• Ability to manage own workload and prioritise demands.
• Able to deal with sensitive issues with tact and diplomacy
• Working within defined time scales
For more information contact
Please call 01432 383781 or email Caroline.Wadley@hoopleltd.co.uk to apply!
Hoople Ltd is working on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.