|Organisation||Aspire Living Ltd|
|Hours||30 hours a week|
|Closing date||12 pm on 26 July 2019|
Job title: Team Leader
Closing date: 26.07.2019
Benefits: 28 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
Company sick pay
Paid DBS check
Discounted AA cover
Discounted Gym Membership
Reporting to: Registered Manager
Hours: 30 hours a week
Advertisment text: The Team Leader will spend a proportion of their time directly supporting people. Using their knowledge of the person and of their support team their job will be to match appropriate staff to people. They will plan work rotas to ensure delivery of support in line with people’s plans and any contractual requirements.
Specific time and skill will be applied by the Registered Manager to carry out essential planning and administrative tasks associated with policy and procedure, regulatory compliance, safe working practices and quality assurance.
Working alongside people supported and the Registered Manager the Team Leader will help recruit and retain the right people and will develop the team by supporting their learning and development. They will observe practice, mentor and coach support workers in their day to day work and offer formal supervision and direction.
The Team Leader is a supervisory level post and reports directly to the Registered Manager
Main Duties and Responsibilities
• To support people directly; knowing and understanding each person, their needs, likes, dislikes, passions and personalities in order to offer personalised support and high quality outcome based support
• To develop and maintain person centred plans through IPlanit system
• To embody Aspire’s vision and values at all times in their work particularly in supporting people to design their support and have increased control in their lives.
• To model excellent practice, supporting people in line with their support and plans, Person Centred Plans and their own decision making framework.
• To make decisions based on policies and procedures that comply with Care Quality Commission regulations and legislation.
Team Support and Staff Planning
• Day to Day management of a team of Senior Support Workers and Support Workers, ensuring staff are implementing Aspire policy and procedure in all aspects of support planning and delivery.
• Rota planning, ensuring the effective and efficient delivery of support by matching and deploying staff in line with people’s individual wishes and requirements and contracts Provide information to the Registered Manager regarding team make up to ensure ongoing maximum flexibility and cover e.g. numbers of relief staff.
• Contribute to person-led recruitment and selection of team members.
• Ensure the requirements and responsibilities of the Aspire Health and Safety policy and procedures are adhered to at all times. In particular, to maintain risk assessments, ensure the team know and maintain safe working practices and ensure all organisational and regulatory returns are made promptly and completely.
• Monitor sickness and absence levels, complete return to work interviews and support the Registered Manager in the implementation of Aspire Sickness and Absence Management Policy.
• Provide supervision and reviews for team members. Mentor and coach staff to promote learning, reflective work practice and development.
• Support staff to identify and complete induction and ongoing learning and development requirements. Ensure that staff meet all mandatory training requirements and have the relevant knowledge and skills to support individuals.
• Facilitate good communication and feedback using team meetings and internal communication systems.
Quality Assurance and Management
• Ensure all required record keeping is maintained and in line with the records keeping and data protection policies.
• To ensure you and the wider team implement Aspire policies and procedures and comply with relevant Care Quality Commission Standards.
• To take the lead in ensure all aspects of administration are carried out in accordance with the organisational requirements.
• Work with the Regfistered and Operation Managers to set team goals and objectives in line with Aspire vision and strategy
• Contribute to effective budgetary control, particularly in respect of staff deployment and costs.
• Maintain monthly financial information in line with organisational requirements
• You will contribute to organisational learning about how to provide personalised support to people and positively contribute to the organisations values and brand
• Undertake any learning and development activities required for your job and keep yourself up to date with local and national learning disability and sector knowledge
• Engage in supervision from your line manager, coaching or mentoring as required.
• Where required, to participate in local on call arrangements.
• To work at any location within Aspire as required by Managers in order to meet the operational needs of the business.
Who should any CVs or covering letters be sent to: email@example.com
For more information contact
Hoople Ltd is working on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.