|Salary||£19,760 per annum (pro rata for part-time) + benefits. £9.50 per hour + holiday entitlement|
|Organisation||Caring for Communities and People|
|Hours||Full time, Part-time and Sessional hours available|
|Closing date||12 pm on 3 November 2021|
Salary: £19,760 per annum (pro rata for part-time) + benefits. £9.50 per hour + holiday entitlement
Closing date: 3rd November, 2021
Benefits: We are an Investors in People Gold awarded employer, placing us in the top 2% of employers nationwide for our investment in our workforce.
We are continually investing in our staff experience, creating a vibrant, diverse and happy workforce dedicated to delivering the highest quality support to those who access our services. We have placed 'people' at the heart of our strategy. This includes:
- Enhanced annual leave entitlement, starting at a full-time equivalent of 25 days per year + bank holidays, rising by a day per year for each year of service (capped at 30 days per year)
- Access to a designated Workplace Welfare Manager, offering in-house counselling and support and overseeing our Health and Wellbeing Strategy
- Subscription to our healthcare scheme meaning you are reimbursed for out-of-pocket medical expenses (e.g. optical care, dental care, prescriptions)
- Perkbox membership, giving you access to a range of perks and benefits, including a free coffee per week from Café Nero, discounts on your supermarket shop and gym membership, free access to health and well-being resources, discounted restaurant, pubs and other lifestyle purchases and a birthday gift box of your choice and more.
- Automatic and non-contributory enrolment into our life insurance policy, equivalent to 3 times your annual salary paid to a beneficiary of your choice in the event of you passing away whilst employed by CCP
- Designated training pathways enabling you to become a subject matter expert in your field, or a leader of the future.
- Enhanced sickness pay
- Enhanced pension contribution
- Regular social events with great people
- Recruit a Friend bonus
- Ability to earn more through overtime shifts at your discretion
- Access to, or representation from, the Health and Wellbeing Steering Group and Diversity Inclusion and - Action Group. Or become a Volunteering or Good News Story Champion. Influence the way we work; have a voice, be heard, make an impact.
Reporting to: Facilities Manager
Hours: Full time, Part-time and Sessional hours available
Vacancy Reference No: 192
Deadline date for applications: 3rd November, 2021*
Interviews to be arranged video conferencing
We are an established charity looking for new Building Supervisors to join our growing Accommodation Based Support teams based in Hereford on a full time, part-time or sessional basis. Hours will be worked on a rota basis to include waking nights where you may be lone working; established and effective emergency on call procedures are in place.
We want people that can help us deliver the best possible homes and support to young people and adults in Hereford.
Your focus will be to ensure that our buildings are safe and secure overnight for our residents who live there, as a waking night member of the team you will be a point of contact for residents overnight to ensure the home is safe and secure. This will also involve liaising with support staff to ensure a good flow of information between shifts through handovers.
The role has a broad set of responsibilities, this can include: ensuring you are aware of who is on site, keeping the building clean, tidy and presentable, undertaking light maintenance duties, and engaging with residents who may need someone to listen to them.
As safety and security is paramount within this role, you will be expected to defuse any situations that may affect the health, safety or wellbeing of residents. A key function is to undertake health and safety checks and walk arounds throughout your shift. You will need to adopt sound judgement to either resolve situations yourself, seeking support from peers and emergency services if needed. Demonstrating empathy and patience towards our residents is essential.
There will be tailored, specific training that will help you advance through a training pathway and progress during your career at CCP. We promote Health, Wellbeing, Diversity, and inclusion in all our services and our staff, you will help us to achieve this.
Our close-knit teams of Building Supervisors, Support Workers, and Project Managers deliver their support over a rota pattern. We are a flexible organisation where opportunities are embraced. We aim to accommodate people’s preferences for work locations and shift patterns when possible.
Experience in interacting with a diverse cross section of society would be useful in this role. However, this is not essential as training & induction will be given. We want people that are empathetic, driven, and able to motivate others. We recruit people that embrace opportunity and are willing to learn and reflect. We want people that can help CCP to transform lives.
Here are 5 things our people like about working for us:
1) Making a difference - You will be able to make genuine difference to people’s lives
2) People first - People are at the core of our organisation and our decision making
3) Flexibility - As an organisation, we try to be as flexible as we can
4) Progression - We have clear routes of progression for people whether that be career, skills, training or personal development
5) Embracing opportunity - We listen to ideas and embrace opportunity, we want to utilise your skills
If you are looking for a challenging and rewarding role within a successful and growing charity that puts people at the heart of everything we do, then we would love to hear from you.
Please note that whilst applicants with convictions, cautions, reprimands and/or warnings will not be exempt from applying, this role is subject to Enhanced DBS Vetting
*CCP reserve the right to close posts at any time, once we have received sufficient applications.
In line with CCP's safe recruitment policy, appointments are subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks.
If you are interested in the role please send a CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information contact
Hoople Ltd is working on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.