|Closing date||1.47 pm on 30 January 2022|
|Interview date(s)||By Arrangement|
Organisation: Herefordshire Council
Closing date: Not applicable
Interview date: By arrangement
Salary: Varies (see web link below)
Hours: Ad hoc
The Herefordshire Language Network is seeking freelance interpreters for occasional assignments in the county. All languages are welcome, but we are particularly keen to hear from speakers of the following languages:
Arabic, Baluchi, Bengali, Dari, Farsi, Gujarati, Hindi, Kurdish, Lithuanian, Nepali, Pashto, Punjabi, Romanian, Slovenian, Tamil, Thai, Tigrinya, Turkmen, Ukrainian, Urdu, Uzbek, Vietnamese.
This opportunity would suit applicants who are willing to work irregular and occasional hours, as required.
We are looking for people who:
- have an extremely high standard of verbal fluency in English and one other language
- are prepared to attend interpreter training (if they don’t already have a recognised interpreting qualification)
- have a good understanding of public services both in the UK and the country where their other language is spoken
- are able to present themselves professionally and confidently
- are reliable and organised
- are committed to providing excellent customer service and improving their knowledge
- are prepared to carry out independent research into terminology as necessary
- live in or around Herefordshire
- are aged over 18
For more information contact
For more information, visit our web page at www.herefordshire.gov.uk/language, and click on “Apply to join the Network”.
Hoople Ltd is working on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.