After School Club Manager
|Salary||HC4 £5,568 - £5,881 per annum|
|Organisation||St Josephs RC Primary School|
|Hours||15 hours (2.45pm to 5.45pm) - term time only|
|Closing date||11.55 pm on 26 February 2018|
|Interview date(s)||Week commencing Monday 26th February 2018|
Start Date: 16th April 2018 or sooner
The school community of St Joseph’s Catholic Primary are looking for an enthusiastic, friendly and dynamic ‘After School Club Leader’ to join the team.
The After School Club will operate on a daily basis Monday to Friday to provide exciting activities and relaxation at the end of the school day
The ideal candidate will hold a Level 3 Qualification in Early Years, Child Care or Health & Social Care and have lots of experience in working with young people and particularly enjoy outdoor and craft activities.
- To manage the day-to-day operation of the After-School Club.
- Organise and implement safe, creative and fun play activities/games.
- To direct and support staff appropriately.
- To assist in the preparation and running of activities in order to provide a varied safe and stimulating play environment both indoors and outdoors.
- To consult with the children and encourage involvement in the planning of day-to-day activities.
- Implement and maintain the Club’s procedures.
- To maintain confidentiality at all times and abide by policies and procedures.
- To work creatively with the children encouraging them to express their views and take control of their own activities.
- To ensure that the Club security and safety regulations are implemented by all users, children, parents and staff.
- Work constructively and professionally with colleagues ensuring clear and open communication with the staff team.
- Advise the senior leadership team of any actual or potential problems relating to the safety or care of the children.
- Hold a level 3 Qualification in Early Years, Child Care or Health and Social Care
- Work with the school's policies and procedures
- Possess the necessary relevant skills and experience for the job
- Be able to lead large groups of children
- Hold the necessary qualifications for the post
- Must have at least 2 years experience in a childcare setting
- Paediatric first aid
You must also:
- Possess a passion for working with children and engage in physical activity and a healthy lifestyle
- Be trustworthy and able to take responsibility for self and others
- Value the trust put in them by team members, parents and children
- Be organised and able to work effectively in teams and as an individual, always maintaining a professional approach to work
- Be able to relate well to, motivate, and encourage others being conscious of being a positive role model at all times
- Have an enthusiastic attitude to life and work
- Have the ability to make activities fun
Applicants will be subject to an enhanced check from the DBS.
St Joseph’s RC Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All posts are subject to pre-employment checks, references will be sought and successful candidates will need to undertake an enhanced DBS check.
For more information contact
An application pack can be downloaded from the school website via the vacancies tab.
Hoople Ltd is working on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.