|Salary||04HC £10,689 - £11,121 for 25 hours a week, term time only|
|Hours||25 hours a week, term time only (38 weeks)|
|Closing date||12 pm on 4 October 2021|
|Interview date(s)||Thursday 7th October 2021|
Required 1st November 2021
An exciting opportunity exists to recruit an enthusiastic library assistant with excellent communication and organisational skills. This post requires initiative, flexibility, patience and the ability to enthuse and motivate students in their reading. You will work closely with the English Faculty and directly support the Head of Faculty in developing the reading interests and skills of the student body.
An extra 5 hours per week is available to a candidate who can demonstrate that they can contribute to developing the leadership skills of our student body, working with gifted and talented students, exposing them to current affairs, mentoring, making external contacts, planning enrichment and organising events/ trips.
We would like to hear from you if:
· you value teenage literature and think you can enthuse teenagers to read
· you have previous experience of working in an education environment, but this is not essential
· you have enthusiasm, a strong commitment to achievement, safeguarding and welfare of all children
· you have a sense of humour and high expectations of pupil behaviour
· you are flexible, accommodating and a team player
· you are able to work under your own initiative with IT and administrative skills
The Governing Body are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and vulnerable adults. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced disclosure through the Disclosure and Barring Service and additional recruitment checks.
For more information contact
Further details and an application form can be downloaded from the School website www.aylestone.hereford.sch.uk. If you would like to discuss the post, or arrange a visit, please contact Mr Nigel O’Neil on 01432 357371 ext 198.
Hoople Ltd is working on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.