Teacher of KS3 Mathematics
|Salary||Main scale / Upper Pay scale|
|Term/duration||Permanent Variable (Range of 0.3 to 0.6)|
|Closing date||12 pm on 30 November 2018|
Aylestone School is a co-educational 11-16 school, located in the picturesque Cathedral City of Hereford, adjacent to the Herefordshire Colleges' campus for Further Education, and 10 minutes’ walk from the City railway station.
Required for March 2019 (or sooner if possible)
Are you a Primary School teacher with a specialism teaching maths, interested in teaching in the Secondary Phase? Are you passionate about learning and teaching? Committed to providing the best possible opportunities for children in your care? Willing to try something different? This could be what you are looking for.
As a secondary school federated with two Primary schools we are well aware of the skills and opportunities Primary trained teachers can bring to the Secondary setting. We are looking for a Primary trained teacher with a specialism in Maths to teach Key Stage 3 Maths here at Aylestone. The post is currently 0.5 FTE teaching of Key Stage 3 maths and this job would give you a unique opportunity to develop your teaching experience in the Secondary Phase to take on Key Stage 4 teaching in subsequent years.
We would love you to join us if you:
- Are passionate about young people’s learning and welfare; putting them first in everything that you do
- Are an outstanding teacher
- Are committed to making learning exciting for our students
- Enjoy working collaboratively
- Are willing to go the extra mile
We can offer you:
- A happy and nurturing environment
- A dedicated and professional staff team and a well-resourced environment
- The opportunity to work with maturing, confident well-rounded young people who enjoy being challenged
- A supportive team of staff
- A school that genuinely believes in growing the skills and knowledge of staff
The Governing Body are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and vulnerable adults. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced disclosure through the Disclosure and Barring Service and additional recruitment checks.
For more information contact
Should you wish to visit the school or talk to key staff prior to application then we would welcome the opportunity to meet you and show you around our school. If you would like to arrange such a visit, then please call and ask for Mrs Becky Kastania , PA to the Headteacher (01432 357371) to arrange this, or to discuss the post over the phone with Mr Robertson, the Headteacher.
Hoople Ltd is working on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.