Senior Science Laboratory Technician
|Salary||Grade HC5 - Actual salary £15,104 to £16,676 from 1/4/19 - FTE £19,171 to £21,166|
|Hours||35 hours per week, Term time only|
|Closing date||12 pm on 29 March 2019|
|Interview date(s)||W/c 1st April 2019|
Required as soon as possible
We have an exciting opportunity to recruit a senior laboratory technician with experience working within this field. This post requires a self-starter with initiative, flexibility, patience and the ability to react to the requirements of the teaching team within the science department.
- Preparation of stock solutions and maintaining glassware in classrooms
- Preparing practicals prior to lessons and delivering to the classrooms
- General up-keep of Science Technician laboratory
- Carrying out regular health and safety checks on laboratories, preparation rooms and stores and providing technical support and health and safety advice to staff and students
- Implementing procedures and regulations involving safe disposal of waste material
To apply you will need
- Experience as a Science Technician, preferably within a school environment.
- Flexible and adaptable approach to work
- Good communication skills.
The post holder will also be required to supplement our first aid team.
Aylestone School is committed to the protection and safety of its pupils and therefore successful applicants will be subject to an Enhanced check by the Disclosure and Barring Service.
For more information contact
Further details and an application form can be downloaded from the school website www.aylestone.hereford.sch.uk. Should you wish to visit the school or talk to key staff prior to application then we would welcome the opportunity to meet you and show you around our school. If you would like to arrange such a visit, then please call and ask for Mrs Becky Kastania PA to the Headteacher (01432 357371) to arrange this, or to discuss the post over the phone with Mr Robertson, the Headteacher.
Hoople Ltd is working on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.