Director of Learning (SENCo)
|Salary||Leadership Pay Range 7 - 11|
|Organisation||The Bishop of Hereford’s Bluecoat School|
|Closing date||9 am on 1 February 2019|
|Interview date(s)||11th February 2019|
Required September 2019
The Governors of The Bishop of Hereford’s Bluecoat School are seeking to appoint an innovative Senior Leader who will inspire, challenge and support the development of our rapidly improving school. This is an exciting opportunity for us as we restructure and strengthen the leadership and management of our school.
The July 2018 SIAMS inspection report graded us as a "Good" school and recognised our strengths, which included:
- Pastoral care is exemplary in reflecting the school’s vision.
- Staff and students are empowered to grow in their leadership roles through clear expectations and a culture of listening and attention to wellbeing.
- The Headteacher is fully supported by a determined and committed senior leadership team.
The successful applicant will report to the Senior Leadership Team and will:
- be qualified at (or working towards) national qualification for SENCo.
- have a total commitment to inclusive education.
- have experience of responsibility for SEN spend and deploying LSAs.
- have an outstanding and proven record of positive impact on the leadership of learning.
- demonstrate a clear commitment to the school’s Christian vision, values and ethos.
- teach 0.48 FTE each week.
- work in partnership with staff, learners and their parents/carers offering support and challenge.
- thrive on challenge with resilience and reflection
Shortlisting will take place in the week beginning 4th February, 2019
This post carries a requirement for an Enhanced Disclosure (under the provisions of the Police Act 1997). The school will require you to give permission to carry out a disclosure.
A vibrant Christian learning community
For more information contact
An application pack is available to download at www.bhbs.hereford.sch.uk.
Visits are most welcome: please contact the Head’s PA to arrange on 01432 347504
Hoople Ltd is working on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.