Clerk to the Governors
|Salary||HC3 £680 - £718 Per Annum, Pro Rata|
|Organisation||Ivington CoE Primary School and Pre-School|
|Location||Ivington Church of England (VA) Primary School, Ivington, Leominster, Herefordshire, HR6 OJH|
|Hours||73.5 Hours Per Annum|
|Closing date||12 pm on 9 February 2018|
The governors and leadership team of this popular and successful school are seeking to appoint a Clerk to the Governors from the end of February 2018.
- To work with the Chair of Governors and the Headteacher on the contents of the agenda and the supporting papers for each meeting of the Governing Body.
- To check with the chair on any actions that have been taken by him/her between meetings and that they are reported to the Governing Body.
- To prepare and send out the papers to the Governing Body providing at least seven clear days’ notice.
- To attend governors’ meetings and to take accurate notes from which to prepare the minutes.
- To ensure that the Governing Body fixes the dates of future meetings and the Local Authority is informed.
- To write, produce and send copies of the draft minutes to the Chair and Headteacher for approval.
- To distribute the minutes to governors, the LA and the school after they have been checked by the Chair and Headteacher.
- To record the attendance of governors at meetings and provide information to the Chair if any governor may become disqualified through non-attendance.
- To check on the dates of expiry of terms of office and provide information to the Governing Body as necessary.
- To inform the Chair and the LA of any resignations and appointments and ensure that action is taken to fill a vacancy.
- To deal with correspondence on the appointments of co-opted governors.
- To maintain relevant files and records of correspondence and documents.
All vacancies that involve working with vulnerable adults and/or children will be subject to a Criminal Records Bureau Disclosure at Enhanced Level.
For more information contact
For application packs: please contact the Headteacher, Mrs. M. Smith, via post, phone or email (email@example.com).
Hoople Ltd is working on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.