Preschool and Creche Manager
|Salary||£30,720 - £34,560 per annum|
|Organisation||Dolly Mixtures Preschool and Creche|
|Hours||40 – 45 hours per week|
|Term/duration||Full-time contract, probation period of 1 Year|
|Closing date||9 am on 30 November 2021|
|Interview date(s)||To Be Arranged|
Preschool and Creche Manager
Based at Dolly Mixtures preschool and Creche.
40 – 45 hours per week, 47 weeks of the year.
£30,720 - £34,560 per annum spread over 12 months.
Permanent full time (Range 40 – 45 hours per week)
On behalf of the Chairperson and board of trustees for Dolly Mixtures preschool and Creche charity, we are seeking to appoint a talented, experienced and fully qualified preschool and Creche lead practitioner who holds a current NNEB, NVQ level 3, BTEC, CACHE/DCE or DPP qualification.
We are looking for a dedicated, enthusiastic and experienced Early years specialist to join and manage our twin site preschools and Creches. You will join an experienced, forward-thinking and knowledgeable team. The successful candidate will need to demonstrate a sound knowledge of Early years education, be highly organised and have excellent communication and interpersonal skills. They should be IT literate and able to maintain the preschool and Creche website, along with an understanding of using Tapestry and interaction with parents.
Key responsibilities include:
- Be responsible for the day-to-day management of both preschool and Creche locations, encouraging best practice by the staff team regarding individual and group work with the children.
- Develop an excellent working relationship with Dolly Mixtures charity chairperson and board of trustees, as well as developing excellent communications with parents/guardians, encouraging them to participate in their child's progress and development.
- Observe each child’s progress and report on achievements daily via Tapestry, looking for progression and continuity. Where appropriate operate and participate in a keyworker system.
- Be able to liaise at all times with external agencies I.e. OFSTED, EYDCP, SENCO and Hereford council Early Years team.
- In consultation with the preschool and Creche team formulate, operate and evaluate an annual program of activities, suitable for the age range of the children following the Foundation Stage requirements.
- Create a stimulating and attractive environment.
- Ensure that all the required standards, ratios and conditions of registration are maintained at all times.
- Organise parents' meetings, open days, day trips and sports days as required.
- Prepare for OFSTED inspections requirements through self-evaluation and an action plan. Address any recommendations made.
- Ensure that all safeguarding requirements are met to maintain children’s safety and well-being.
- Assessing, recording and reporting on the development progress and attainments of the children to the EYFS line manager and highlighting concerns where identified.
- Bookkeeping skills to enable invoicing, account management and an ability to work with and alongside the Charity treasurer to ensure good bookkeeping of all accounts.
You will need:
- NNEB, NVQ level 3, BTEC, CACHE/DCE or DPP qualification.
- Excellent knowledge of safeguarding and child protection.
- Paediatric first aid,food hygiene and basic account keeping are desirable.
- SC security clearance.
- Enhanced DBS
Visits to the preschools and Creches can be arranged. Please contact Hoople to arrange an appointment.
To apply for the role, you will need to submit a CV and a completed application form. Please request an application form from email@example.com and then send back to this email address along with a CV. If you have any questions, please call 01432 383890.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted to arrange an interview.
Closing date: 9:00am Tuesday 30th November 2021.
Interviews: To be arranged.
For more information contact
Hoople Ltd is working on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.