|Salary||Group 2 - L8-21|
|Organisation||Kington primary school|
|Closing date||14 January 2022|
|Interview date(s)||9th & 10th February 2022|
The Governors of Kington Primary School are seeking to appoint an inspirational Headteacher who will value and develop our current good practices and firm foundations whilst leading us forward in an exciting and successful way.
The successful candidate will:
- Be passionate about teaching and learning
- Be enthusiastic with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Have innovative ideas with a strong vision and strategy to deliver them
- Promote excellence and inclusion for all, maintaining standards for all pupils and driving progress in pupil attainment
- Be approachable to parents and carers and engage them in their children’s learning
- Whole heartedly support our commitment to Values Based learning
- Develop positive relationships with parents and the wider community
- Set high standards and be passionately committed to helping all young people to achieve success and set their own high aspirations
- Have a clear vision of educational excellence, how to achieve it and the ability to make it happen
- Have excellent management, interpersonal, analytical and organisational skills
We can offer you a school with:
- Children who are happy and confident and have real pride in their school and their own achievements and who work in a warm and friendly environment.
- Highly professional, caring and conscientious staff who are enthusiastic and dedicated to a shared vision to develop the school in all areas.
- An active and supportive governing body which is committed to working with the Headteacher and leadership team to continue the strategic development of the school.
Kington Primary School is located in the centre of Kington Town and is as such a focal point within the community. We have a beautiful purpose build Nursery incorporated within the school, a large outdoor space, the use of our own Forest School area close by, and playing fields within a short walk from the school. We also have access to our local High School which is a short walk for the Primary School.
We have a PAN of 30 per year group with approximately 205 pupils currently on role, from ages 2 to 11.
Values sit at the heart of all we do and we have recently been exploring how a Harmony Curriculum can further enhance our offer to the children. Curriculum excellence for all children sits next to the vital wellbeing focus we have to ensure every child is supported, nurtured and truly valued.
We offer children a well-rounded education that values achievement but also recognises the importance of extra-curricular activities. Our parents and children really appreciate the broad range of activities available, such as Forest School, development of our school garden, art, music, drama and sport.
Rated “Good” by Ofsted in January 2020 with recognition of our outstanding areas throughout school. There is an extremely strong foundation in place, but always with a collective desire and purpose towards continuous improvement.
Safeguarding Children and Safer Recruitment
Kington Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. The headteacher will be subject to an enhanced DBS clearance and is expected to demonstrate absolute commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people as well as holding all staff, volunteers and governors accountable for their contribution to safeguarding regulations. Specifically:
- Ensure any policies and procedures including the Prevent Agenda and children’s online safety, adopted by the Governing Body are fully implemented and followed by all staff.
- Sufficient resources and time are allocated to enable a designated person and other staff to discharge their responsibilities, including taking part in strategy discussions and other inter-agency meetings and contributing to the assessment of children.
- Ensure compliance with statutory “Keeping Children Safe in Education” requirements.
- All staff and volunteers feel able to raise concerns about poor or unsafe practice in regard to children and such concerns are addressed sensitively and effectively in a timely manner in accordance with agreed whistle blowing practices.
- Co-operate and work with relevant agencies to protect children.
For more information contact
For more information contact
Kington Primary School
Tel No: 01544 230363
We actively encourage visits to our school. These can be arranged directly on the contact details above.
For further information please visit the school website https://www.kingtonprimary.co.uk/
For an application pack, including application form please contact Kerry Donativo. Hoople Ltd, 01432 260094, Kerry.email@example.com or the team on 01432 383788
Completed application forms should be returned by emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org or the team on 01432 383788
Hoople Ltd is working on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.