|Salary||£16,909 -£18,455 – starting salary of £12,968 per year.|
|Organisation||Hereford Cathedral Junior School|
|Location||Hereford Cathedral Junior School, 28 Castle Street, Hereford, and specifically in our Nursery on Quay Street|
|Term/duration||Work pattern: full time (term time only). Currently this post is term time only, though there may be need for an increase working hours in the future.|
|Closing date||9 am on 21 June 2018|
|Interview date(s)||Interview date: Tuesday 26th June.|
Starting date: 3rd September 2018.
Hereford Cathedral Junior School seeks a capable, experienced and personable Nursery Deputy, to support the Nursery Leader. As Nursery Deputy, you will play a pivotal role in our school, welcoming new children and families and overseeing the delivery of high quality education and care for which our Nursery is well known.
Our Nursery is located in a self-contained, specially adapted building which is bright, welcoming and secure; children and staff also have access to all school facilities. Our Nursery accepts children from the age of three.
The school has high standards across the board and an enviable reputation for Sport, Music and Drama. It was found to be “excellent” in each of the eight categories by ISI in its last inspection.
- Work under the guidance of the Nursery Leader and Head of EYFS
- Assist in the day to day running of Nursery
- Assist in planning and delivering a broad and imaginative EYFS curriculum, in liaison with the Nursery Leader and Head of EYFS
- To have an excellent knowledge of, and to keep up to date with educational changes in, the EYFS
- To assist with the keeping of records: including permission forms, medical lists, register, medicine and accident records, children’s records (stepping stones), EYFS progress records and observations
- To assist with completing risk assessments
- To assist in maintaining a creative, stimulating Nursery environment
- To support the Nursery Leader in conducting parent consultations
- To follow Nursery policies and procedures in line with whole school policies and the EYFS Statutory Framework, in liaison with the Head of EYFS
- First aider
- Assist with the induction of new children into Nursery
- To assist in preparing children for transfer into Reception
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all members of staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointments are subject to DBS clearance, satisfactory employment references and pre-employment checks.
Registered in Cardiff No 2081261 (Limited by Guarantee)
Registered Charity No 518889
For more information contact
The Application Process
Opportunity for potential candidates to visit the school: 13th June 0845-1000.
Please contact Mrs Lucy Stonehouse, Head’s PA (firstname.lastname@example.org) to register, or to organise an alternative time if necessary.
Candidates will not be disadvantaged if they do not visit the school before applying.
All applications will be acknowledged.
During the day, candidates will have ample opportunity to get a feel for the school, meeting children and staff.
An application form and information pack, including details of opportunities to visit the school, may be downloaded from the school website www.herefordcs.com/job-vacancies. Completed applications should be accompanied by a covering letter and sent to Mrs Cath Knowles, Hereford Cathedral School, Old Deanery, The Cathedral Close, Hereford HR1 2NG or to email@example.com .
Hoople Ltd is working on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.