2 Learning Support Assistants – Level 3
|Organisation||Hereford Pupil Referral Service (HPRS)|
|Closing date||12 pm on 19 January 2022|
2 Learning Support Assistant – Level 3
Organisation: Herefordshire Pupil Referral Service
Location: St David’s Centre with some duties across the PRU sites
Responsible to: Senior Teacher
Professionally Responsible to: Head of HPRS
Key relationships/Functional links with:
Internal: Pupils, Staff,
External: Parents, Carers, External Agencies
Main Purpose of Job:
- To support the education, care and welfare of pupils, under the direction of the Head of HPRS, SLT and other designated teachers at the School.
- To deliver education sessions to small groups or on a one-to-one basis.
- To help pupils overcome barriers to learning in a supported environment.
- To improve pupil’s confidence, motivation, social skills and relationships, enabling them to face new and challenging situations.
- To act as a mentor to specific pupils and working to improve their attendance and punctuality.
Main Responsibilities / Accountabilities
- To assist with the planning and preparation of materials and delivery of the curriculum
- To support teaching staff within the class, supporting pupils in understanding lesson objectives
- To support pupils in small groups or on a one to one basis
- To run / contribute to literacy, numeracy and other catch-up sessions
- To assist with the assessment of pupil's progress, including recording of data, as necessary and to provide regular feedback to the teacher and, where relevant, the SENCO on the participation and progress of pupils
- To assist with meeting medical, personal, social and behavioural needs of pupils, as appropriate
- To support the ethos of the school and follow school routines and procedures, including the school’s Behaviour Policy
- Promote the self-esteem, progress and independent learning of children
Application forms and further details are available from Hoople recruitment. Please email email@example.com for an application form or call 01432 383890 for more information.
Closing Date: Wednesday 19th January 2022
HPRS is committed to the protection and safety of its pupils and therefore all candidates will be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service check at Enhanced Level.
For more information contact
Hoople Ltd is working on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.