Learning Support Assistant
|Salary||HC5 Level 3 (SCP 6-11) Full Time Equivalent £19,171 - £21,166|
|Organisation||Herefordshire Pupil Referral Service|
|Hours||35 hours per week|
|Term/duration||Permanent – Term Time Only|
|Closing date||12 pm on 31 May 2019|
|Interview date(s)||Friday 7th June|
Herefordshire Pupil Referral Service (HPRS) provides education to pupils unable to attend mainstream school for various reasons. The service is currently split over two sites located within Hereford – St David’s Centre (KS4) and The Aconbury Centre (KS3). We cater for 80 pupils with 24 places for pupils in Key Stage 3 based at The Aconbury Centre and 56 places at Key Stage 4 based at St David’s Centre.
HPRS provides a safe, secure and welcoming learning environment in which young people can grow as responsible, independent and self-confident learners. We are on an exciting journey of school improvement and have made rapid and significant improvements of which we are all very proud.
The service benefits from a supportive Management Committee, an effective Senior Leadership Team and a dynamic team of experienced, committed staff.
We are now looking to recruit a Learning Support Assistant to support the vision for the service and to work with our pupils to support their literacy and numeracy development.
You will be joining a team which works hard to create a positive and caring community that puts children at the heart of everything we do.
Candidates will need to be patient and understanding of difficulties that can be experienced by our pupils and have good communication skills. Candidates will also need to:
- Support the education, care and welfare of pupils, under the direction of the Headteacher and other designated teachers.
- Support or deliver education sessions to small groups or on a one-to-one basis at a variety of locations.
- Help pupils overcome barriers to learning
- Improve pupil’s confidence, motivation, social skills and relationships, enabling them to face new and challenging situations.
- Improve pupil’s attendance and punctuality
- Work on your own initiative
- Be a good timekeeper, flexible, accommodating and a team player
For more information contact
Application forms and further details are available from Kerry Donativo, email@example.com 01432 260094
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted to arrange an interview.
HPRS is committed to the protection and safety of its pupils and therefore all candidates will be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service check at Enhanced Level.
Hoople Ltd is working on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.