Deputy Headteacher and Class Teacher
|Salary||Leadership Scale 1 to 5|
|Organisation||Ivington Church of England (VA) Primary School and Pre-school|
|Closing date||12 pm on 26 April 2019|
|Interview date(s)||21st May 2019 with a view to starting in September 2019|
Following the announcement that our current Deputy Headteacher is retiring, the governors of this successful, rural school are seeking to appoint an inspirational, highly motivated and enthusiastic Deputy Headteacher.
This role has a teaching commitment that will be either Key Stage 1 or Key Stage 2 and suitable arrangements will be made for leadership time. Support for continuing professional development will be provided.
The successful candidate will be required to:
- Have a record of consistently outstanding teaching and high outcomes for children
- Have the ability to secure excellent awareness of and compliance with the school’s vision, policies and procedures with internal and external stakeholders.
- Support the Christian values of our school.
- To be KS1 or KS2 Co-ordinator and to be responsible for co-ordinating curriculum subjects.
- To undertake the teaching of a class.
- To undertake the pastoral and administrative duties in respect of pupils in this class.
- To maintain good order and discipline among the pupils, safeguarding their health and safety.
- To encourage qualities and attitudes in the children as agreed in staff meetings.
- To plan work with careful reference to the priorities agreed for the National Curriculum in all areas.
- To report and discuss progress with parents/guardians regularly.
- To be responsible for assessing the children and liaising with the Headteacher.
- To liaise with the Special Needs Co-ordinator.
- To take note of any decisions made at staff meetings.
- Supporting the SLT (or Headteacher)
All vacancies that involve working with vulnerable adults and/or children will be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service Disclosure at Enhanced Level.
For more information contact
For application packs: please contact the Headteacher, Mrs. M. Smith, via post, phone or email (firstname.lastname@example.org). Visits to the school are encouraged, by prior arrangement .
Hoople Ltd is working on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.