|Salary||£14,233.02 - £14,517.45 per annum|
|Organisation||Lea CE Primary School|
|Hours||to start at 35 Hours Term time only (38 weeks per year)|
|Closing date||12 pm on 4 November 2019|
Lea CE Primary School - Pre School
Lea, Ross-on-Wye, Herefordshire HR9 7JY
Contract Type: Permanent Variable (21-35 hours)
Hours: to start at 35 Hours Term time only (38 weeks per year)
Salary: £14,233.02 - £14,517.45 per annum
Start Date: 4th November 2019 or as soon as possible
On behalf of the governors of Lea CE Primary School, Hoople is seeking to appointa Pre School Assistant.
Please note this is a Hoople post which will be subject to Hoople terms and conditions of service.
Lea Pre-school is based in The Lodge (a purpose built log cabin) on the grounds of Lea CE Primary School. There is a large outdoor area, and access to the school facilities, including the school grounds.
We are looking for a dedicated person to assist in the preschool working as a member of the nursery team, showing initiative and creativity to foster an environment which encourages the children's all round development and where high standards of care are provided. You should have a passion and enthusiasm for learning and developing the individual child. Experience of working in an early years setting would be desirable but not essential.
Purpose of the job:
To undertake a key worker role with specific children and assist the supervisor in the day to day running of the pre-school. The assistant will provide a stimulating and varied programme of play and learning opportunities whilst ensuring the safety and well-being of the children.
Main duties and tasks:
- To assist in the setting up and clearing away of all activities and equipment.
- To ensure high standards of hygiene and safety are maintained at all times.
- To ensure that any information received concerning the children is kept confidential at all times.
- Under guidance to actively encourage children’s progress in all areas of development, types and stages of play, by interaction and extension of play activities.
- Under guidance to be responsible for keeping the individual record file for each of the children in the key worker group.
- To be involved in curriculum planning and record keeping as requested and led by the supervisor.
- To attend staff meetings as requested.
- To attend training as requested.
- To support the work and beliefs of the pre-school by helping to create an environment that promotes open and equal opportunities for children and adults.
- To work as part of a team and support colleagues.
- To encourage the participation and involvement of all parents of children attending the pre-school.
- To be flexible with the working practices of the pre-school.
- To be prepared to help when other areas of the pre-school may be short staffed, or with domestic duties or other duties as specified by the pre-school manager.
Qualifications and experience required :
Hold an Early Years Care & Education Qualification i.e. NNEB or NVQ Level 2-3 or equivalent
Paediatric First Aid Certificate or willingness to undertake
Experience of working with children aged 2-8 years
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All post holders are subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS disclosure check.
For further information, to request an application pack and to arrange a visit, please contact the school.
Headteacher: Diana Atkinson
Phone: 01989 750296
Closing Date: Applications by Midday on Monday, 4th November 2019 to Mrs Diana Atkinson, Lea CE Primary School firstname.lastname@example.org
Interviews: Thursday 7th November 2019
For more information contact
Hoople Ltd is working on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.