|Salary||HC9, £32,233 - £36,153 (gross actual)|
|Organisation||Leominster Primary School|
|Hours||37 hours per week, full year|
|Closing date||5 pm on 25 September 2018|
|Interview date(s)||w/c 1st October 2018|
Start date: 5th November 2018
Leominster Primary School is seeking to appoint a professional Safeguarding Manager (Designated Safeguarding Lead) to join our warm and friendly staff.
The Safeguarding Manager will be responsible for the leadership and day-to-day management of safeguarding, child protection, attendance and behaviour support across the school.
The successful candidate will work alongside our Student and Family Support Worker and the SEN team, to work with our staff, pupils and families to promote their welfare and develop pupils’ potential. The Safeguarding Manager will take the lead responsibility for and management of all safeguarding and child protection matters arising at the school and to support all other staff in dealing with any child protection concerns that arise. The successful candidate will also take the lead with managing behaviour and attendance across the school, and also provide formal supervision for line managed staff.
The successful candidate must have NVQ Level 4 (or equivalent) in a relevant subject eg safeguarding children and be able to demonstrate:
- good literacy and numeracy skills in order to communicate professionally to others and produce reports as necessary;
- an ability to lead on all child protection issues within school;
- a secure knowledge of complex safeguarding, child protection issues and of child development;
- an ability to work collaboratively with families to provide positive outcomes for pupils;
- an ability to lead staff training effectively;
- an ability to motivate, develop and lead a team;
- an ability to lead and promote strategies to encourage positive attitudes and behaviour across the school;
- an enthusiasm to work with children and help all pupils succeed;
- first class communication skills, at all levels;
- a professional and positive behaviour;
We can offer you:
- The opportunity to develop professionally
- Supportive colleagues and governors
- Enthusiastic and hard-working pupils
- The opportunity to contribute to the development of our school
Visits to the school are welcome and encouraged. Please contact Helen Lynch on 01568 616919 to make an appointment.
Leominster Primary School is a three form entry primary school in North Herefordshire. For more information, please visit our website www.leominsterprimaryschool.co.uk. Visits to the school are welcome and encouraged. Please contact Sandra Beaumont-Pike on 01568 616919 to make an appointment.
Leominster Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
For more information contact
For further details and an application form, please contact Sandra Beaumont-Pike, School Business Manager on email@example.com If you have any questions about the post, please contact Helen Lynch, Deputy Head on firstname.lastname@example.org
Hoople Ltd is working on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.