SCIENCE LABORATORY TECHNICIAN
|Salary||Grade 04HC/ 05HC depending on skills and experience. Actual salary £14,965 to £17,190 from 1/4/21 (pay increase pending)|
|Hours||35 hours per week, term time only (38 weeks)|
|Closing date||12 pm on 19 April 2021|
|Interview date(s)||week commencing 26th April 2021|
Aylestone School is a co-educational 11-16 school, located in the picturesque Cathedral City of Hereford, adjacent to the Herefordshire Colleges' campus for Further Education, and 10 minutes’ walk from the City railway station.
Required as soon as possible
We have an exciting opportunity to recruit a science laboratory technician. This post requires a self-starter with initiative, flexibility, patience and the ability to react to the requirements of the teaching team within the science department.
- Preparation of stock solutions and maintaining glassware in classrooms
- Preparing practicals prior to lessons and delivering to the classrooms
- General up-keep of Science Technician laboratory
- Carrying out regular health and safety checks on laboratories, preparation rooms and stores and providing technical support and health and safety advice to staff and students
- Implementing procedures and regulations involving safe disposal of waste material
To apply you will need
- Experience within a science laboratory , preferably within a school environment.
- Flexible and adaptable approach to work
- Good communication skills.
The post holder will also be required to supplement our first aid team.
Aylestone School is committed to the protection and safety of its pupils and therefore successful applicants will be subject to an Enhanced check by the Disclosure and Barring Service.
For more information contact
Further details and an application form can be downloaded from the school website www.aylestone.hereford.sch.uk. Should you wish to visit the school or talk to key staff prior to application then we would welcome the opportunity to meet you and show you around our school. If you would like to arrange such a visit, then please call and ask for Mrs Becky Kastania PA to the Headteacher (01432 357371) to arrange this, or to discuss the post over the phone with Mrs Perez , the Head of Science.
Hoople Ltd is working on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.