Science Labatory Technician
|Salary||HC4 £13,701 - £14,433 per annum|
|Organisation||Aylestone High School|
|Location||Broadlands Lane, Hereford, HR1 1HY|
|Hours||35 hours per week, term time only|
|Closing date||12 pm on 6 June 2018|
|Interview date(s)||Week commencing 11th June 2018|
Required as soon as possible.
Our current science laboratory technician has been promoted to become a senior laboratory technician in another local school. Therefore an exciting opportunity exists to recruit a laboratory technician with experience working within this field. This post required initiative, flexibility, patience and the ability to react to the requirements of the teaching team within the science department.
- Preparation of stock solutions and maintaining glassware in classrooms
- Preparing practical's prior to lessons and delivering to the classrooms
- General up-keep of Science Technician laboratory
- Carrying out regular health and safety checks on laboratories, preparation rooms and stores and providing technical support and health and safety advice to staff and students
- Implementing procedures and regulations involving safe disposal of waste material
To apply you will need:
- Experience as a science technician- preferably within a school environment
- Flexible and adaptable approach to work
- Good communication skills
Aylestone School is a co-educational 11-16 school, located in the picturesque Cathedral City of Hereford, adjacent to the Herefordshire Colleges' campus for Further Education, and 10 minutes' walk from the City railway station.
Aylestone School is committed to the protection and safety of its pupils and therefore successful applicants will be subject to an Enhanced check by the Disclosure and Barring Service.
For more information contact
Further details and an application form can be downloaded from the College website www.aylestone.hereford.sch.uk
Should you wish to visit the school or talk to key staff prior to application then we would welcome the opportunity to meet you and show you around our school. If you would like to arrange such a visit, then please call and ask for Mrs Becky Kastania PA to the Head Teacher (01432 357371) to arrange this, or to discuss the post over the phone with Mr Robertson, the Head Teacher.
Hoople Ltd is working on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.