SEN Teaching Assistant
|Salary||HC4/HC5 £9.01 - £10.65 per hour, to be discussed at interview|
|Organisation||Ivington CE Primary School|
|Location||Ivington, Leominster, Herefordshire HR6 0JH|
|Hours||30 hours per week, Monday - Friday term time only|
|Closing date||12 pm on 16 November 2018|
|Interview date(s)||23rd November 2018|
Start date: as soon as possible
The governors and leadership team are seeking to appoint a highly enthusiastic and experienced Teaching Assistant Level 1 / 2 (to be discussed at interview) to support a child with special educational needs, until 12th April 2019.
- To work under the direction and usually in the presence of the class teacher, and inaccordance with the teaching objectives for the pupil specified in the pupil’s IEP.
- To assist at the appropriate level and be involved in all areas of the curriculum including preparation and modification of materials.
- To ensure the pupil is safely able to use equipment and materials provided and be aware of the range of resources available.
- To promote pupil independence in learning, reinforcing the child’s self-esteem through praise and encouragement.
- To assist with the promotion of independence activities and mobility skills.
- To assist with the personal hygiene routine and with the administration of medication under the direction of the Headteacher where written medical guidance has been given.
- Training in manual handling would be an advantage
All vacancies that involve working with vulnerable adults and/or children will be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service check at Enhanced Level.
For more information contact
For application packs: please contact the Headteacher, Mrs. M. Smith, at the school on email@example.com
Our school website address is: www.ivington.hereford.sch.uk
Hoople Ltd is working on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.