Special Educational Needs and Disabilities Co-ordinator (SENDCo)
|Salary||Main Pay Range|
|Organisation||Trinity Primary School|
|Location||Barricombe Drive, Hereford, HR4 0NU|
|Hours||0.4 (2 days each week to be mutually agreed)|
|Closing date||11.55 pm on 15 June 2018|
|Interview date(s)||Week commencing 25th June|
Start: 1st September 2018
Trinity is a large city primary school in the north east of Hereford city. There are currently 610 pupils on roll. We are a three-form entry school. We currently have 12.3% of our pupils on the Special Educational Needs Register.
Governors are currently seeking to appoint an inspirational SENDCo to further develop and lead inclusion and SEN within the school and join our highly committed team.
Candidates should have:
- The National Award for SEN Co-ordination or be working towards
- Experience of working with children with Special Needs
- Thorough knowledge of the SEND Code of Practice
- The ability to lead staff in developing their knowledge and expertise in working with SEN children
- Skilful in working with pupils with a range of different abilities and needs - SEND, LAC, Pupil Premium, EAL, G & T
- To work effectively with the Head Teacher and SLT to achieve excellence
- The ability to support and overview the work of teaching assistants working with SEN children
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to work within a team
- Excellent management and organisational skills and experience of leading/managing other staff
- The necessary communication skills enabling liaison with a variety of external agencies
All applicants will be notified of the shortlisting outcome and successful candidates will be contacted to arrange and interview and a group observation.
Shortlisting will take place week commencing 18th June.
Trinity Primary School is committed to the protection and safety of its pupils and therefore all candidates will be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service check at Enhanced Level.
For more information contact
Visits to the school are strongly recommended and a warm invitation is extended to potential candidates who wish to take up the opportunity. Appointments can be arranged through the school on 01432 266268 or by emailing: email@example.com
Hoople Ltd is working on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.