Head of School
|Salary||L 1 – L3|
|Organisation||St. George’s CofE Primary and Nursery School|
|Closing date||12 pm on 14 May 2018|
|Interview date(s)||Interviews will be held on Monday 21st May 2018|
We are seeking to recruit a Head of School/Upper KS2 Teacher.
By September our school will be an Academy that will be part of the Bishop Anthony Educational Trust (BAET)
Main Duties / Responsibilities
- Accountable for ensuring the vision of BAET is implemented and embedded effectively within the school.
- Accountable for the effective day to day leadership, management and internal organisation of the school.
- Effectively complete the requirements for performance management of staff.
- Coach, mentor and motivate staff to build a culture of high commitment, standards and drive for success.
- Liaise with the Executive Head and governors in the recruitment and selection of teaching and support staff.
- Support the Executive Head and governors in creating and maintaining good working relationships amongst all members of the school community and working closely with parents.
- Ensuring all school policies and procedures (including safeguarding policies and procedures) are rigorously followed by staff and students.
- Support the Executive Head in ensuring that all school policies are regularly reviewed and updated.
- Be approachable and open minded in all situations.
- Help to set the tone of the school as a happy working environment for children and staff.
- Undertake any relevant professional duties delegated by the Executive Head
LEADING TEACHING AND LEARNING
- Accountable for leading on teaching and learning across the school, promoting high quality learning opportunities and the highest possible outcomes for children.
- Can demonstrate a commitment to raising whole school achievement and have the ability to take a leading role in curriculum development
- Understands, accepts and follows the School’s Safeguarding / Child Protection procedures in order to protect the safety of all children and vulnerable adults.
- To report all matters of concern in line with the School’s procedures.
- To undertake a teaching commitment at a level consistent with the needs of Academy, the BAET and the demands of the post.
- Ensure that statutory requirements for the National Curriculum are met and that all children are enabled to access a broad, balanced and relevant curriculum.
- Ensure that all children make optimal progress even where there are barriers to learning, through excellent systems and provision for all.
- Has the ability to motivate and inspire children and colleagues
- Ensure that there is an effective and rigorous system for assessing, recording and reporting of children’s progress towards targets and outcomes.
We welcome pre-arranged school visits, during the weeks commencing 30th April and 7th May 2018; please contact St. George’s CE Primary School. If you wish to discuss this post further, please contact Judith Tinsley, CEO, 01584 838880.
The Bishop Anthony Educational Trust and its academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff, and volunteers, to share the same commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check and will follow a safer recruitment policy.
For more information contact
For more information and to request an application pack, please contact the School Office on 01588 640229 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Hoople Ltd is working on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.