Student and Family Support Workers
|Salary||HC5 scp 17-21 (£16,369.74 – £18,008.29 pro rata)|
|Organisation||Marlbrook Primary School Teaching School Alliance|
|Hours||37 hours per week, term time + 2 weeks (40 weeks)|
|Closing date||11.55 pm on 27 June 2018|
|Interview date(s)||Monday 9th July 2018|
TO START IN SEPTEMBER 2018
We are looking for 2 outstanding practitioners to join our dedicated and resourceful pastoral team working across our 4 schools.
The Student and Family team work closely with the Senior Leadership Team, teachers and support staff to ensure that our learning environments are calm and purposeful. We endeavour to promote a culture of listening and respect, and work hard to give children creative ways to express ideas, opinions and feelings.
Working as part of our small team you will:
- help pupils to develop their potential through class work, group work and 1:1 support.
- promote good attendance;
- be instrumental in helping to raise pupil confidence and self-esteem, encourage positive behaviour and ensure emotional well-being;
- work closely with the SENCo to address the needs of our pupils who require additional support to overcome barriers to learning;
- provide a listening ear to our families, liaise closely with other professionals and take a lead role in the EHA (Early Help Assessment) process and safeguarding our children;
- attend child protection meetings and liaise with a range of outside agencies;
- take part in every aspect of school life from breakfast to after school club activities.
Previous experience of working with or relating well to young people is desirable and you will also have a commitment to children’s welfare, education and personal development. It is essential for applicants to hold a clean driving license.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. All appointments to school are subject to references and clearance from the Disclosure and Barring Service at Enhanced Level.
For more information contact
For more information regarding the posts, and to arrange a school visit, please speak to Ben Powell or Sue Jenkins on 01432 266643.
Application forms are available from Ann Griffiths, Becky Allsopp and Tracy Pennington on 01432 266643.
Hoople Ltd is working on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.