Teaching Assistant SEN Level 1
|Salary||HC04 £10,440 - £10,998 per annum|
|Organisation||Kington Primary School|
|Location||Kington Primary School|
|Hours||26 hours and 40 minutes per week, term time only|
|Closing date||11.59 pm on 23 September 2018|
|Interview date(s)||5th October 2018|
Kington Primary School currently has a vacancy for a Teaching Assistant (SEN) Level 1
We are seeking a friendly, caring, patient Teaching Assistant to support a Year 2 pupil with identified Special Educational Needs. The successful applicant will need to be an independent and creative thinker in order to assist the children in being fully included in the life of the school.
It is expected that the successful applicant will:
Have a good level of education (GCSE A-C or equivalent in Maths and English)
Recent experience of working with children with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities
- Good personal communication skills that enable them to liaise with a wide range of school and external professionals
- An ability to work as part of a team and willingness to be flexible and accommodating in their approach;
- Enthusiasm and a strong commitment to achievement, safeguarding and welfare of all children;
Be supportive of our school ethos, aims and values
Supporting a Year 2 pupil on a 1-1 basis under the direction of the class teacher -
In addition to the above the application should have:
- The ability to differentiate work to enable small achievable targets to be met;
- An ability to develop a child’s communication skills through use of PEC’s, Signalong/Makaton and IT
This post is Fixed Term until 31st August 2019, or until child leaves, whichever is the sooner.
Kington Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. These posts are subject to an enhanced DBS check.
For more information contact
For an application pack or to arrange a visit please email the school: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Hoople Ltd is working on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.