|Hours||Full Time/Part Time|
|Closing date||12 pm on 18 September 2018|
If you’re passionate about providing the very best care in a residential care home setting, consider a move to Bupa Care Homes. We provide expert nursing, dementia, residential and specialist care to around 9,000 people in over 140 UK homes.
Right now, we’re looking for an enthusiastic and committed Carer to join the team at our home in Leominster. Whether providing long or short-term care that includes convalescence, respite and palliative care, our focus is on providing the highest quality service at all times.
- As a Key Worker under the guidance of a Registered Nurse, taking responsibility for the physical and emotional well-being and social needs of our residents.
- Assisting residents with personal care activities such as washing, personal hygiene, dressing and assisting with meals.
- Providing physical and mental stimulation by taking part in recreational and social activities with residents, both individually and as a group.
- Helping to maintain accurate records, undertaking ongoing training and getting involved in welcoming and training new staff.
- Generally promoting our residents’ independence, choice, dignity and respect by delivering the very best standards of care.
What you’ll need:
- Ideally, some experience in a care environment, although this is not as essential as your genuine desire to develop a career in this field.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well as part of a dedicated team.
- A respectful, courteous and compassionate nature and a willingness to undertake any aspects of care or non-care duties.
- A belief in giving your personal best at all times and striving for continuous improvement.
About the Home:
Our home was purpose built in 1996 to be a well-equipped home for elderly residents. Leominster is situated in the attractive market town of the same name, close to many local shops and amenities. We have a small garden and pretty patio area where residents can sit and enjoy the good weather as well as a fountain and tranquil sensory garden.
Our highly-trained team of care assistants and registered nurses take time to get to know all our residents, regardless of the length of their stay. We tailor the care we provide to suit each person's individual needs.
Who we are:
Bupa Care Homes provides expert nursing, dementia, residential and specialist care throughout the UK. Our purpose is to help people live longer, healthier, happier lives.
Passionate about making lives better, every decision we make is because we care. It’s why we inspire and support our carers to put our residents’ wellbeing at the heart of everything they do.
Careers worth caring about:
Bupa is committed to an environment which will attract, retain and motivate its people. Bupa aims to ensure that every applicant to, or employee of is assessed for employment, promotion and development solely on the basis of personal merit and qualifications, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.
- A competitive starting salary with the opportunity to increase this through training and development.
- Refer a friend payments of up to £1000.
- Smile Everyday - a health and wellbeing package available to all permanent employees giving access to 24/7 health lines along with online wellbeing tools.
- Discounted gym membership, free flu vaccine and discounts on Bupa dental.
- Interest free travel ticket loans/ Free onsite Parking/ Cycle to Work Scheme.
- We cover the cost of your DBS Check (£44).
- Comprehensive induction and on-going training and development.
- Access to rewards, offers and discounts.
- Hot meal provided on a 12 hour shift.
- Uniform provided.
- Pension and Life Assurance scheme available.
- 20 days annual leave, Plus statutory bank holidays.
- Recognition schemes including Everyday Heroes and annual National Care Home Awards.
Reporting to: Home Manager
For more information contact
Please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com to apply.
Hoople Ltd is working on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.