|Salary||£8.10 to £10.00 p/hr|
|Organisation||Kelsam Support Services Limited|
|Closing date||12 pm on 28 February 2019|
Kelsam Support Services have fantastic opportunities available for highly motivated and compassionate Domiciliary Care Support Workers for their client based in Cleobury Mortimer, Shropshire.
You will provide care and support to the service user within their own home in line with their respective Support Plan.
You will work as part of a team to provide individual high quality person-centred care and support to the service user, supporting them to reach their maximum potential with regard to independent living skills.
You will provide the service user with practical and emotional support/care, enabling them to have a fulfilled life and gain further independence.
The ability to drive and have access to your own vehicle would be desirable, but it is not essential. Your main role would be based in Cleobury Mortimer but you would occasionally be required to travel to the Leominster office for training purposes and meetings/supervisions.
Essential requirements for this role:
• Ability and willingness to undertake all aspects of personal care to service users
• Basic understanding of how rights, dignity, privacy, respect and choice are important when providing support in all its forms to service users
• A good standard of personal hygiene, self-motivation and be smart and tidy in appearance
• Be able to effectively manage own work load as you would be working without direct supervision at times
• Have a calm, kind, fun caring nature and be reliable
• A flexible approach and willingness to work unsociable hours including evenings, sleep ins, weekends and Bank Holidays (inclusive of Christmas)
• Be able to communicate clearly with service users, colleagues, families, professional team and others
• Have the ability to clearly interpret oral and written information or instructions
• Ability to work co-operatively and effectively as part of a team
• Willingness to study and work towards a QCF qualification in Social Care
• Ability to undertake an in-depth induction programme and mandatory training as deemed necessary as well as training in specific needs of service users
• Work in line with all policies, procedures and any guidelines of Kelsam Support Services
• The legal right to work in the U.K
• To undertake a Disclosure Barring Service
• Pay Scale £8.10 - £10.00 p/hr dependent upon qualifications
• Sleep in rate £70.00 per sleep in
• Cycle to work scheme
• Paid, in depth induction training programme, along with regular training updates
• Paid shadow shift training
• 28 days annual leave
• Staff pension scheme
• Support in achieving diplomas in Social Care
Reporting to: Kelly Briggs/Sam Duncalfe
For more information contact
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hoople Ltd is working on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.