|Organisation||Kelsam Support Services Limited|
|Closing date||12 pm on 28 February 2019|
Kelsam Support Services have fantastic opportunities available for highly motivated and compassionate Domiciliary Care Support Workers based in Leominster, Herefordshire. Due to our continuing success we have a vacancy for a Domiciliary Care Team Leader.
You will provide care and support to each service user within their own homes in line with their respective Support Plan.
You will support a team of support workers, running a service, working closely with the Service Managers. to provide individual, high quality, person-centred care and support to service users, supporting each to reach their maximum potential with regards to independent living skills. You will be supporting adults with brain injury, mental health, learning disability, physical disability and autism.
You will provide service users with practical and emotional support/care, enabling them to have fulfilled lives and gain further independence.
The ability to drive and have access to your own vehicle would be desirable, but it is not essential.
Essential requirements for this role:
• Ability and willingness to undertake all aspects of personal care to service users
• Basic understanding of how rights, dignity, privacy, respect and choice are important when providing support in all its forms to service users
• A good standard of personal hygiene, self-motivation and be smart and tidy in appearance
• Have a calm, kind, fun caring nature and be reliable
• A flexible approach and willingness to work unsociable hours including evenings, sleep ins, weekends and Bank Holidays (inclusive of Christmas)
• Be able to communicate clearly with service users, colleagues, families, professional team and others
• To communicate to other staff members and management and a wider multi-disciplinary team when required.
• Good communication skills with other staff members, including being open to new ideas brought forward and a good listener.
• To organise and participate in meetings when required.
• To take part in on calls and ensure an accurate handover is completed and sent to managers
• In the absence of the managers, to be responsible for the day to day supervision of all staff, ensuring the establishment and maintenance of good relationships.
• To assist the managers with the allocation of work shifts and training days
• To perform the induction training and mentoring of new staff under the guidance and supervision of the service manager, completing shadowing work booklet, competencies and observations.
• To undertake staff supervision and appraisal sessions, sickness review meetings, return to work interview under the direction and guidance of the service manager.
• To ensure staff morale is kept to high level and recognise when staff are not performing to the level required, whilst also being confident to question team members who are not meeting the standards set out by Kelsam Support Services.
• Have the ability to clearly interpret oral and written information or instructions
• Ability to work co-operatively and effectively as part of a team
• Willingness to study and work towards a QCF Level 3 qualification in Social Care
• Ability to undertake an in-depth induction programme and mandatory training as deemed necessary as well as training in specific needs of service users
• Work in line with all policies, procedures and any guidelines of Kelsam Support Services
• The legal right to work in the U.K
• To undertake a Disclosure Barring Service
• Pay Scale £10.00 p/hr
• On Call Rate
• Sleep in rate £70.00 per sleep in
• Cycle to work scheme
• Paid, in depth induction training programme, along with regular training updates
• Paid shadow shift training
• 28 days annual leave
• Staff pension scheme
• Support in achieving diplomas in Social Care
• Paid for Enhanced DBS check
Reporting to: Kelly Briggs/Sam Duncalfe
For more information contact
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hoople Ltd is working on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.