Social work resources
This section provides resources for practice educators and social work students, including downloadable documents, current placements, and relevant articles and videos.
The following resources have been made available for practice educators and social work students.
Download: Changing hearts and minds in dementia care (.pdf, 296kb)
Download: Creating dementia friendly environments (.pptx, 2084kb)
Download: Dementia research, Dr Simon Evans (.pdf, 2869kb)
Download: Herefordshire Disability United Network News, Autumn 2017 (.pdf, 2456kb)
Health and Care Professions Council
Download: Guidance on social media (.pdf, 233kb)
Social work articles
Download: Luke Davey’s unsuccessful judicial review (.pdf, 528kb)
Department of Health and Social Care
Community Care articles
- 19/01/18: First children’s services taken out of council control rated ‘good’ by Ofsted
- 08/01/18: Jeremy Hunt becomes secretary of state for health and social care
- 29/11/17: New Ofsted children’s services inspection regime confirmed
- 28/11/17: Ofsted praises children’s services’ ‘dynamic, professionally fertile’ environment
- 23/11/17: Large-scale contracting out of children’s services ‘on the doorstep’, report says
- 19/10/17: Landmark ruling finds councils are liable for abuse in foster care
- 11/04/17: Government ‘best placed’ to improve social work, says minister
- 19/01/17: The new service models shaking up children’s social work
- 16/12/16: Spotting the signs of modern slavery: key advice for social workers
- 06/12/16: Do not suggest ‘do not resuscitate’ when someone is most vulnerable
- 14/11/16: What’s needed for local authorities to better support Unaccompanied Asylum-Seeking Children
- 04/11/16: Social Work England – a quick guide to the regulator set to replace HCPC
- 11/10/16: Life story work is big in children’s services: why not adult social care?
Could you host a student?
Are you a private, independent, voluntary health or social care organisation? You may be able to provide the learning opportunities that student social workers need.