Social work resources
This section provides resources for practice educators and social work students, including downloadable documents, current placements, and relevant articles and videos.
The following resources have been made available for practice educators and social work students.
Download: Changing hearts and minds in dementia care (.pdf, 296kb)
Download: Creating dementia friendly environments (.pptx, 2084kb)
Download: Dementia research, Dr Simon Evans (.pdf, 2869kb)
Download: Herefordshire Disability United Network News, Autumn 2017 (.pdf, 2456kb)
Health and Care Professions Council
Download: Guidance on social media (.pdf, 233kb)
Social work articles
Download: Luke Davey’s unsuccessful judicial review (.pdf, 528kb)
- 07/03/2018: The marketisation of social work education: should we be concerned?
- 04/02/2018: How social workers reflect in action and when and why they don't
Department of Health and Social Care
Community Care articles
- 21/03/18 Hunt hints of OFSTED style ratings for adult social care services
- 20/03/18 New chair of social work regulator announced
- 14/03/18 Government will legislate to replace deprivation liberty safeguards
- 19/01/18: First children’s services taken out of council control rated ‘good’ by Ofsted
- 19/10/17: Landmark ruling finds councils are liable for abuse in foster care
- 19/01/17: The new service models shaking up children’s social work
- 16/12/16: Spotting the signs of modern slavery: key advice for social workers
Could you host a student?
Are you a private, independent, voluntary health or social care organisation? You may be able to provide the learning opportunities that student social workers need.