This course builds an introductory knowledge of autistic spectrum disorders and the impact it has on individuals' lives.
Duration: 3 hours
Who is it for?
This course is for anyone who regularly works with adults who have an autistic spectrum disorder. It will also be useful for people who occasionally come into contact with adults or young people who have an autistic spectrum condition and need an outline awareness.
What are the outcomes?
On completion of this training course, participants will be able to:
- Recognise the characteristics of autistic spectrum disorder
- Describe how the world is experienced by people on the autism spectrum
- Understand why people 'on the spectrum' act in the way they do
- Recognise the characteristics of autism friendly environments
- Explore life experiences from the individual's point of view, and use this understanding to support them in the most appropriate way
For further details or to book this course, please contact us via our online form, call our team on 01432 383500 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also search for upcoming open courses on CPD Online.