This course offers an introduction to medications, including legal requirements, basic medication information and how to keep accurate records to meet CQC requirements
Duration: 3 hours
Who is it for?
Anyone who needs a basic understanding of medications, their safe storage and keeping accurate records.
What are the outcomes?
On completion of this training course, participants will be able to:
- Evaluate current policies and procedures in line with legal requirements
- Describe how to administer medication safely in line with organisational policy
- Complete records accurately and in order to meet CQC requirements
- Demonstrate knowledge of categories of medicines and how to store them correctly
- Deal with and report any errors that occur
- Understand responsibilities in relation to medications