This course builds an introductory knowledge of autism spectrum conditions, and pinpoints the characteristics of autism friendly environments and support.
Duration: 1 day
Who is it for?
This course is for anyone regularly working with adults who have an autism spectrum condition (including Asperger’s Syndrome) in residential or family placement settings, day centres or support activity in the community.
The course is also very suitable for people working as personal assistants to people with an autism spectrum condition.
What are the outcomes?
On completion of this training course, participants will be able to:
- Recognise the diverse features of autism spectrum conditions
- Describe how the world is experienced by people on the autism spectrum
- Recognise the characteristics of autism friendly environments
- Understand why people ‘on the spectrum’ act in the way they do
- Understand from an autist’s point of view how they experience the world
- Use this understanding to support people on the spectrum more effectively
For further details or to book this course, please contact us via our online form, call our team on 01432 383500 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also search for upcoming open courses on CPD Online.