Infection prevention and control
This course raises awareness and increases understanding of infection prevention and practice. As a result it aims to reduce the risk of service users and staff acquiring a healthcare associated infection (HCAI). This course is developed in conjunction with Herefordshire Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG).
Duration: 2 hours
Who is it for?
This course is for all health and social care workers, working in any setting.
What are the outcomes?
- On completion of this training course, participants will be able to:
- Describe action to take to gain further information and support
- Explain how to break the chain of infection effectively
- Use Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) correctly and effectively
- Describe how to prevent cross contamination within various settings
- Demonstrate how to wash hands effectively and how to implement ‘My 5 Moments for Hand Hygiene’
- Explain actions to take when an outbreak of an infection is suspected
- Explain different levels of cleaning
For further information on infection prevention and control, please contact the Infection Control team on firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01432 383410.
A refresher must be undertaken annually for this course. This course can be delivered in-house if required.
For further details or to book this course, please contact us via our online form, call our team on 01432 383500 or email email@example.com. You may also search for upcoming open courses on CPD Online.