Certificate in education and training (level 4)
This nationally recognised Level 4 City and Guilds qualification is an ‘in service’ qualification designed for those working or wishing to work as teachers/trainers. It is a generic qualification applicable to all sectors.
Who is it for?
- Anyone who works or wants to work as a teacher or trainer in the further education and skills sector
- Anyone who has just started a teaching/training role
- Anyone who works with learners on a one-to-one basis
- Anyone who is an assessor and wishes to achieve a teacher/training qualification
- Anyone who delivers in-house training
What are the outcomes?
The qualification is made up of credits which are covered by five mandatory units:
- Understanding roles, responsibilities and relationships in education and training
- Planning to meet the needs of learners in education and training
- Delivering education and training
- Assessing learners in education and training
- Using resources for education and training
The additional unit to complete the qualification is:
- Inclusive practice
All units must be completed to achieve the qualification.
How is the course delivered?
The course has a flexible approach to study and research to complete assignments and must include a portfolio of 30 teaching hours, of which at least three sessions will be observed by your tutor.
You will have access to email and telephone support throughout the programme from your tutor.
The course will be supported by workshops that candidates are encouraged to attend. These have been set for 2018 as follows:
- Tuesday 12 June, 4 - 7 pm
- Tuesday 19 June, 4 - 7 pm
- Tuesday 26 June, 4 - 7 pm
- Tuesday 3 July, 4 - 7 pm
- Monday 9 July, 4 - 7 pm
- Tuesday 17 July, 4 - 7 pm