Promote positive behaviours
This course gives staff the knowledge, skills and understanding to promote positive behaviour and respond appropriately to episodes or incidents that could be seen as challenging.
Duration: 1–2 days
Who is it for?
The content will be specific to the particular needs of the service and various settings.
What are the outcomes?
On completion of this training course, participants will be able to:
- Understand how legislation, frameworks, codes of practice and policies relate to positive behaviour support
- Understand the context and use of proactive and reactive strategies
- Evaluate the impact on an individual’s well-being of using reactive rather than proactive strategies
- Respond appropriately to incidents of challenging behaviour
- Support individuals and others following an incident of challenging behaviour
- Review and revise approaches to promoting positive behaviour
To complete the course participants will need to complete a work book, gain witness testimony from the manager/team leader and be observed working.
This course is funded by the Marches LEP, subject to eligibility. For more details, please contact us.
A refresher must be undertaken annually for this course. This course can be delivered in-house if required.
For further details or to book this course, please contact us via our online form, call our team on 01432 383500 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also search for upcoming open courses on CPD Online.