Safeguarding adults MCA/DoLS awareness universal
This course uses a blended learning approach and a variety of learning activities to increase awareness of the Mental Capacity Act and Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards in day to day practice.
The session will provide the underpinning knowledge elements of the Herefordshire Safeguarding Adults’ Board’s competency framework, MCA Competencies 32–38.
Evidence from this course can be used by attendees to demonstrate knowledge.
Duration: 3 hours
Who is it for?
This course is for anyone who comes into regular contact with adults at risk.
What are the outcomes?
On completion of this training course, participants will be able to:
- Briefly describe the Mental Capacity Act, who it applies to and the impact on their day to day practice
- Explain what a mental capacity assessment is and how they are carried out
- List who the Deprivation of Liberty
- Safeguards apply to Describe the process for authorisation and assessment
- Briefly explain the role of Court of Protection
This course can be delivered in-house if required.
For further details or to book this course, please contact us via our online form, call our team on 01432 383500 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also search for upcoming open courses on CPD Online.