Safer recruitment processes in adult social care
This course aims to build on your current knowledge and skills to support a value based approach to recruitment and selection.
Value based recruitment and retention is used by employers to create and maintain a workforce that embraces the workplace’s values. The session will focus on supporting the principles of the Social Care Commitment and the development of skills to meet competency on HSAB Competency Framework.
Duration: 3 hours
Who is it for?
This course is for adult care providers, staff and managers who work in care organisations.
What are the outcomes?
On completion of this training course, participants will be able to:
- Provide constructive feedback to unsuccessful applicants
- Implement a value based approach to recruitment to provide evidence for the Skills for Care Social Care Commitment
- Apply the concepts of employment law relevant to the recruitment and selection process
- Produce values based job descriptions, person specifications and job advertisements for identified roles
- Ensure that the recruitment process carried out is based on organisational values
- Arrange interview panel members and brief them on the requirements of the job role, and their role in the shortlisting and interview process
- Establish shortlisting criteria from the person specification for an identified role
- Develop competency/value based interview questions relevant to the identified role
- Carry out shortlisting processes for the identified role and identify suitable applicants to attend interview
- Carry out the interview process to identify suitable applicants for appointment to match the values and vision of the organisation
This course can be delivered in-house if required.
For further details or to book this course, please contact us via our online form, call our team on 01432 383500 or email email@example.com. You may also search for upcoming open courses on CPD Online.