Automated external defibrillator (AED) and cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) (level 2)
The topics covered within this course are regarded by Skills for Health as being important in maintaining good practice in the safe, prompt and effective administration of AED and CPR.
Duration: 6 hours
Who is it for?
This course is recommended as training for first aiders in the workplace environment who have access to a defibrillator.
What are the outcomes?
On completion of this training course, participants will be able to:
- Understand basic life support requirements
- Demonstrate basic life support techniques and automated external defibrillator use in line with current national guidelines
- Demonstrate post-resuscitation procedures
- Carry out basic user maintenance and troubleshoot problems with an AED
- Understand the safe use of an AED
- Explain the importance of having secure systems for recording, storing and sharing information
Practical and written assessments will be included in this course and must be completed in order to gain certification from the Association of First Aiders (AoFA).
A refresher must be undertaken every three years for this course. This course can be delivered in-house if required.
For further details or to book this course, please contact us via our online form, call our team on 01432 383500 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also search for upcoming open courses on CPD Online.