Emergency paediatric first aid (level 3)
This course is designed for those who wish to become qualified in administering first aid to children and infants. For the purposes of child carers within England, Wales and Northern Ireland, this qualification partly fulfils the legal obligations under the statutory framework for the Early Years Foundation Stage (EFYS) issued by the Department for Education and Skills.
If a learner is required to fulfil the full first aid requirements, as set out by the EYFS, then they will be required to complete the two day paediatric first aid (level 3) course.
Duration: 1 day
Who is it for?
This course is ideal for anyone who works, or comes into contact, with infants and children in their working or voluntary roles. This course is also ideal for parents and families with young children.
What are the outcomes?
On completion of this training course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the role and responsibilities of the paediatric first aider
- Assess an emergency situation safely
- Provide first aid to an infant or child who is unresponsive and breathing normally
- Provide first aid to an infant or child who is unresponsive and not breathing normally
- Provide first aid to an infant or child who has a foreign body airway obstruction
- Provide first aid to an infant or child with external bleeding
- Understand how to provide first aid to an infant or child who is suffering from shock
- Understand how to provide first aid to an infant or child with anaphylaxis
Practical and written assessments will be included in this course and must be completed in order to gain certification from the Association of First Aiders (AoFA).
This course can be delivered in-house if required.
For further details or to book this course, please contact us via our online form, call our team on 01432 383500 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also search for upcoming open courses on CPD Online.