Essentials of health and safety and COSHH awareness
All organisations are required to ensure a safe and healthy workplace for their employees. Employees too need to understand their obligations in terms of health and safety legislation.
This course will provide an overview of key health and safety practices, giving participants the information they need to ensure a safe and healthy working environment.
(This course covers Care Certificate standards 13.1, 13.2, 13.6, 13.8, 13.9.)
Duration: 3 hours
Who is it for?
This course is for workers in any setting who require an overview or refresher of health and safety.
What are the outcomes?
On completion of this training course, participants will be able to:
- Understand their own responsibilities and those of others relating to health and safety in the work setting
- Understand the need for risk assessment and how to use this in everyday practice
- Describe what is a hazardous substance
- Handle hazardous substances safely and in line with policy and procedures
- Explain the importance of security at work for those they support
- Explain ways of working safely by checking the identity of people entering buildings
- Recognise the common signs and indicators of stress in themselves and others
- List ways to manage stress
How can I progress?
After completing this course, you may be interested in the health and safety in the workplace (level 2) course.
This course can be delivered in-house if required.
For further details or to book this course, please contact us via our online form, call our team on 01432 383500 or email email@example.com. You may also search for upcoming open courses on CPD Online.